Thursday, October 11, 2012

Project progress

                           
                                  So I found these night stands for $5 at a garage sale a few weeks ago....




                              
                                    And since we had this (really in need of help, $40 goodwill dresser)
I thought we should build this and redo the whole room.  Eric was totally excited.  So we went for it. Or I should say...we are going for it.
Here are the piles of wood. And the lovely saw borrowed from my friend Nancy!  Thanks!

 Eric chamfering the edges to the middle pieces of the headboard.
Here is the frame of the bed. Almost finished.

  I loved this hardware.  So I found similar hardware on Amazon.  It was so much cheaper than the stores and great quality too.  You won't see it until the next post however.

And it was really hard deciding what colors to paint/stain everything.  Since the bed and dresser are going to be white.  I thought I would go out on a limb and add a little color to the room. I love this color and thought I would go for it.
Sanded.  Primed. Sanded. Painted. Phew...lots of work.


lots of drawers

lots of help....cute help

Here is the dresser now. No front shots because it is still drying and in need of hardware.
Sanded, then glazed.  Love the glaze.  I wish you could see this in person.  So beautiful (due to the glaze). 
A close up of the top of the dresser...again, I love the glaze.

And the nightstand painted the bold color...what do you think?  Wait until I get the hardware on it and put together....then we will really see how things turned out.  The glaze toned the color down a lot.  

So...that is how far we have come so far.  I will post as we get closer.  We still need to paint the headboard, make the footboard and assemble. Then I will post before and after pictures...

1 comment:

bbond said...

way cool! way to go!