Eric left for Canada this morning for a two week "field trip" for work. I am actually quite jealous that he gets to go back to my home country. I also am going to have a fun two weeks with the kids alone :o( Oh well, this will help make up for the hours he was reduced at work. In the meanwhile, my friend and I have started coupon shopping. If you have no idea what I am talking about, to sum it up in a few words, we are getting groceries/paper products and the like for near to nothing and sometimes free. It also isn't a scam. You just keep your coupons, watch the sales and then use the doubling coupons from thriftway and Safeway grocery stores. We also watch a website called the grocery game. I got all of this for $2 the other night. The most expensive items were the boxes of cereal for 25 cents...everything else I got for free using coupons printed offline and from the newspaper.
You will also find bloggers who know what I am talking about and they can help you out. Here is the site my friend and I use.
We normally don't get frootloops and frosted flakes, so this is a treat in our house.
6 comments:
You and Mary....amazing deal finders!! Except for when we were out west have I lived in a place that did double coupons. Very jealous since my two older boys are seriously chowing right now!! Best of luck with the two week stint sans Eric. I found that after about two nights I got into a good grove of getting things done!
ok
that is value shopping for $2
duly impressed
where in O Canada did the boy go
You go girl! I love getting amazing deals like that.
I am so glad you are doing this, Jen. Sara and her buddies have done it for years. They keep their coupons and know how to go through them. About his trip, hmmmm. Seems to me someone has a month long one coming up. With the kids, though, it won't be quite the same. Hope the time goes by well. Love, Sally
I have looked at that a little, but couldn't decide if the coupons are really ever for things we really use... but looks like you got real food. I might have to look at it again.
good luck on the next two weeks!
Way to go Jen, I love the couponing thing. My neighbor Julie and I do it. Nice grab on all the food for only $2. :-)
I hope all goes well with Eric in Canada. We'll talk soon. Love you- Sara
Post a Comment