We headed up to Seattle for the July 4th weekend. Eric's brother Oliver, his wife Kristin and their daughters Clara and Anna are living there for the summer. Oliver is interning with Amazon. They have a pretty sweet set up. I think I am most jealous of their free cleaning maid.
It was a fun weekend, especially at night when we played games, ate way too much food and laughed at how well we could B.S each other!
It was a fun weekend, especially at night when we played games, ate way too much food and laughed at how well we could B.S each other!
Here is where we stayed, up on the 14th floor. It was fun watching all the bitty people below, living their lives and being oblivious to the spectators above.
Saturday after a pancake breakfast at the stake building, we went to the zoo. Check out the monkeys we saw at the entrance. Who would let these silly creatures out of the zoo? Who is their keeper anyways?
Clara and Anna along for the ride. Clara and Tara really love to play together. It is hard to call their names, "Clara and Tara!"
I don't know what to say about this picture. I think they were driving customers away from the zoo, due to the noise level. Or something like that. Love the tongue Oliver.

Two Zoo Goers

A not so clear of a picture of Oliver workin the Wii Fit. Tara workin the pink stool. They used the stool and pretended to do what we were doing.

Yeah for 4th of July! Yeah for yummy food! Yeah for great company! Many thanks to Oliver and Kristin for putting up with our crazy family!

Yummy, Kristin made us Blueberry/Strawberry Shortcake, Oliver put the finishing touch of whipping cream on top, just like his Brother and his Dad! Oh and he kept feeding the whipping cream to the kids. We love you Oliver!

Look at our lovely tour guide. Here we are on the top floor of Oliver's building. It was like we were in a helicopter looking over Seattle. It's nice to have a good hook up, who can get us into places like this. I was thinking how sorry I am for all the people who pay to get into the space needle, when they could come here, but too bad, you have to know someone like Oliver for that privilege.




Tara feeding the seagulls. Can you see the bird in the top left of the picture? Yeah the next time she did it, down came a sea gull from behind me. It took out my head on the way there. Ouch, watch out for killer sea gulls.














7 comments:
Wow, Jen!!! I though I has looked through these and commented. Seems not so. Also seems there are more pictures than I first saw. What fun, awesome pictures. I must say Anna and Alex seem to be a bit under represented. Thanks for posting so many wonderful pictures.
I love all the pictures and the scenery. It looks like a wonderful trip! The picture of you and Eric titled Zoo Goers is georgous. Thanks for the update!
I suppose it's because you have a private blog, but it never updates on my thing on the side to let me know you've posted things!!
Way awesome looking trip to Seattle-we really, really enjoyed living close to Jared and Oliver. I'm glad you get a turn!!
Cute with the matching cousin hair! Clara looks sooo big. I'm so devastated that they can't come in a few weeks.
Great pictures!! I've been forgetting my camera all summer-great huh?
See you soon
looks like we need to head west to have crazy fun with the far west relatives
What a fun trip! I especially like the views out of the skyrise apartments and the picture of the blueberry, strawberry dessert!
I had a grand time sharing these with Great-grandma W. She really enjoyed them and especially seeing her grandchildren whom she does remember.Thanks so much, again, for posting so many wonderful pictures.
How smart to have sculpture animals for kids to get all of their touching, climbing, poking, monkey-ing around on out of their system.
Post a Comment