
Don't have any family pictures to share, but thought I would let you know we are alive and well.
Here is an update of things going on:
Eric: As most of you know, we have been here in Portland area for a year now. Eric took a job with a heavy lifting helicopter company and has been lucky to not be one of the employees who took a hit this year. He was the last employee they hired a year ago and they cut back almost 20% of their employee's. Eric keeps himself busy with hobbies (even though he hardly has any time). Wednesdays he plays basketball at the church. He would love to kayak everyday, but 3 young children and a needy wife does not help him out in that area. He has traveled for work and has enjoyed seeing the country. He has traveled around Oregon, California and on Vancouver Island in Canada. This is just some of the things going on in his life, but I can't name them all, so I guess if he has anything to add, he can leave a comment.
Jen: Oh I am so every busy cleaning, cooking, shopping, driving, and trying to get a moment in to read a good book. I like to keep busy doing all kinds of things around the house. Most of the time I couldn't tell you what I do, I just do it. I have really really enjoyed our time here in Oregon. I am really hoping we can get into our house by Christmas, but I will tell you more about that later. I am looking forward to finally (did I say that loud enough?) having my own house. I am more excited for Christmas then I have been in a long time, thus I am working on my shopping. The next year will be exciting for me. My mom and I are planning on hiking the Grand Teton. I just need to figure out how to get my body strong enough to do it. I am thinking about training for a marathon, but don't hold me to anything yet.
Tara: She is the sunshine in our home. She helps with everyone and anything, even when she is not asked. As I type this she is sitting on the floor playing with Alex, he is giggling his head off at her (makes me smile). She is busy and very happy at school. She is reading very well and even though she doesn't like the math, she is amazing. Tuesdays she goes to Ballet and is constantly dancing around the house. She finished swimming lessons a few weeks ago and learned that the greatest thing in the world is to go off the rope swing and swim to the edge. She progressed more than she has in a long time in terms of fishiness. She loves to cuddle and is often caught sitting on the couch reading.
Morgan: Well this little boy is a ball full of energy. He is constantly on the go and loves to be occupied with any type of boy toy. He love trucks, cars, fire trucks, Lego, police cars, rockets, playmobile and playdough. He is better at Spanish than me, constantly correcting me and fixing my pronunciation. Not that I'm that bad, but he is truly amazing. Perhaps Eric is amazing for putting the effort in! Unlike Tara, Morgan did not want to do swimming lessons. He had a really hard time and in the future we are going to wait until he is older. Morgan also loves riding his bike, playing in the dirt and doing front flips on the trampoline (when mom is watching). He is a total boy and I wouldn't want him any other way.
Alexander: Anyone who has had an easy, joyful child, will understand my Alex. He is easy going, always smiling and very playful. He is always working on something, fixing a toy that he took apart or trying to manipulate something he has seen us working with. I have heard it several times that he looks like he is going to be an engineer someday. We will see. He is a good sleeper, has five teeth and walks by himself, unless he want to go somewhere, then he drops and crawls.
House: We have been working on buying a short sale for a few months now. It has been a hassle and between our lending and the banks (approving the short sale) things have been a long haul. We were ready and approved for lending in July. The short sale took a few months and then the bank wanted to close really quickly (less than 30 days). Well our lending needed more time and we filed for an extension. We have since filed a second extension. Good old USDA loans. It has taken the lending too long to do the appraisal and now we were informed that if we do not close by Nov 16 we will loose the house. So we have no idea what is going to happen. Wish us luck, we have paid almost $2000 already in inspections, appraisals, changing the locks and the escrow account, which I am pretty sure are all non refundable.
Overall: We are happy, healthy and really enjoying life. We are so very blessed in every single way. What ever happens in life makes us stronger and gives us more character. I love it, I love my family and the knowledge of why I am here.
4 comments:
Holy cow, a lot has been going on! I so wish for you that everything works out with the house. We will be praying for you. Good Luck!
what a wonderful update. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Love you all.
Love this update Jen.
Hey Jen. Thanks for the invite again. When you decide to come over here and hike the Grand Teton....you better stop by to see me! Miss ya!
Post a Comment