Friday, May 21, 2010

Excuses Excuses

The other day while running I was thinking to myself about all the excuses we make. I decided often when we make an excuse for something, we are only holding ourselves back. My tv watching is very slim, but every week I watch the The Biggest Loser on hulu.com. I admit, I am a junkie. There is something about watching people learn how to help themselves overcome challenges that I enjoy.

I have learned so much about overcoming what you believe your weaknesses to be. I have learned how to push through excuses and find the long term happiness in good decision making. I could go on, but many of you who watch probably know what I am talking about.

Overall, don't put off today what you won't do tomorrow. Raise the bar for yourself and see what you can achieve. Do it with your eating habits, your exercise, your scripture reading, your prayer. Learn to be better. That's why we are here on this earth, isn't it!

3 comments:

Sara and Todd said...

It was fun catching up on your blog. I loved the toe and oatmeal stories about Alex. They are great. Kids come up with the funniest things. About excuses it was good food for thougth, thanks for sharing. I look forward to visiting you and your family sometime. I would love to explore that part of the country. Love, Sara

beezbond said...

Me
i enjoy the pulpit pounding
its interesting how we all need to hear the"rocky music" once in awhile to get pumped up and remember
thanks

Jenn said...

Good words love, thank you for that inspiration.