Monday, May 28, 2012

A Beautiful Day

We had a fun weekend. One thing we didn't do very well in Oregon was go out and explore.  This was mostly due to the lengthy hours Eric worked.  So now that he doesn't work crazy hours, we like to get out.  

Oh and we got a Dog!  She is 1/2 German Shepard, 1/2 Husky and 100% perfect for our family.  We got her last Wednesday.  We named her Denali.  We call her Nali a lot of the time.   I found her from craigslist and we felt good about her, so we brought her home.  She is the best dog I think I have met in my life.  She is so good with the kids and she listens so well.  We took her hiking on Saturday and she hiked up the whole trail without a leash and listened to us when we would tell her to wait.  She is pretty cool.  She is getting along well with Fred and we feel very blessed to have her in our family.

 Back to the hike.  Here is Tara on the way there.  She is such a character!
 Mr. Alex.  Always smiling!
 Pre-hike photo.  This was the beginning of "mom, picture".  I think I took about 50 pictures before I told them "three more, then your done"
 Let the posing begin.  Morgan was the most eager to have his picture taken.  But as soon as he would say, "mom picture".  Alex and Tara would chime in.  It was cute, but after an hour got annoying.







 










 This one is just thrown in there.  It is another picture of Denali.



Just a note.  Tanner was on this hiking trip.  Even if you didn't see one picture of his cute little face.  Bad mommy for not taking a picture of you!

1 comment:

beezbond said...

The hikes look wonderful
The dog looks great
Fred is just plain ridiculous - why oh why a cat